South Korea Scholarship – Q&A for Oral Interview 2023
This article is the result of sharing the experiences of a former South Korea scholarship recipient with a view to allowing new applicants to better prepare for a successful completion of this series of interview organized by a panel at the South Korean embassy in your home country.
Any candidate for the South Korea scholarship must answer a series of questions that will be asked during the interview phase.
After the physical submission of the application files, you will be invited by the embassy of your country of origin for an interview in front of a panel of people in order to know your motivations and the reasons which support the desire to study License, Master or Doctorate in South Korea.
The interview is conducted in English, whether you are an English speaker or not.
The panel responsible for interviewing you will be made up of 4 or 5 people:
- Two (2) Koreans who work in the embassy,
- Two (2) professors from a local university (These professors will come from a public university within your home country).
Questions that you will be asked during the interview
Most of the interview questions relate to your research project.
This is the project you wrote down in the application form.
Let’s take a look at these different questions:
- Introduce yourself
- Why did you choose South Korea as your study destination?
- What do you know about Korean culture?
- Do you speak Korean?
- Why did you choose these three (3) universities for your graduate studies? How did you find out about these universities?
- What is the relationship between your previous studies and those you wish to do in South Korea?
- What do you plan to do for a job after your studies in South Korea?
The rest of the interview questions will focus on the interview. The objective is to make sure that you are the author of the research project and that you master the contours of this project.
At this level, it is not a question of stammering. You must provide the answers with impeccable consistency.
For those who don’t know how to properly write a research project for the South Korea scholarship, please find an article below that gives you all the details on this topic: south-korean-scholarship-for-advice-for-writing-your-research-project /
Now let’s see together the types of answers to give to the first seven (7) questions.
1. Introduce yourself: South Korea Scholarship
This question is common to all interviews. Our advice is to practice introducing yourself briefly in English.
The answers that must be included in your presentation are as follows: your first and last name, your previous university career (candidate for the Master / Doctorate) or previous school career (candidate for the undergraduate program), the reason for your presence at the interview (candidate for the South Korea scholarship as part of a Masters program in Biology) and if possible your work experience (OPTIONAL).
2. Why did you choose South Korea as your study destination?
At this stage, the objective of the panel is to find out the reasons which led you to choose South Korea as your study destination. Why not have chosen to study in China, Japan, the United States, Belgium? Why South Korea?