The Queen Elizabeth II of Canada Scholarship for Africa Student is the new opportunity that we bring to you. Welcome again to another valuable scholarship for the African student or the developing countries.
Here, I will be giving all full detail about this scholarship in a simple from.
But first, let know somethings about this scholarship before going to the main things.
Launched in 2014, the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Canadian Scholarship (BRE) program was created to foster a global network of dynamic young leaders who produce global development and lasting relationships with Canada.
To date, 2,300 scholarships have been awarded under 89 projects managed by 44 Canadian universities.
The recipients of the Queen Elizabeth II of Canada Scholarship together form the global network of Queen Elizabeth II scholarship recipients, focused on pooling knowledge, exchanging ideas, and collaborating on relevant initiatives.
With financial assistance from the International Development Research Center (CRDI), the BRE-CNS-AO program will support projects in West Africa that aim to achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Preference will be given to proposals that focus on SDG (Sustainable Development Goals) 5 on gender equality or that clearly integrate it as a cross-cutting or general objective.
For more information the Queen Elizabeth II of Canada Scholarship, please visit the official website of the scholarship program offered by Queen Elisabeth II of Canada: http://www.queenelizabethscholars.ca/en
What are the objectives of the Queen Elizabeth II scholarship program?
The objectives of the Queen Elisabeth II scholarship program are:
- Train citizens of the world by acquiring
Enriched university, professional and intercultural experiences
- Build a new generation of dynamic leaders in Canada and around the world by fostering their lasting community engagement nationally and internationally
- Increase collaborative capacities and peer relations within the network of
- BRE program scholarship holders to enrich the experience acquired within the framework of the program and promote Personal and professional development.
The expected results are as follows:
- Strengthen the knowledge and skills of young global leaders through the experience of academic and professional experiences
- Strengthen networking between Canadians and emerging global leaders
- Increase the contributions of young leaders to local communities and the international community.
Read also: Brock University Tuition Fees in 2022
Who is the Queen Elisabeth II of Canada scholarship for?
The prestigious school scholarship Canada addresses researchers from West Africa including:
- Doctoral researchers
- Post-doctoral researchers
- Early career researchers.
The latter must have a research project which aims to contribute to the development of their country of origin.
This project must be in line with the objectives of the Queen Elisabeth II of Canada scholarship program.
In addition to all of these qualities, applicants should ensure that they are citizens of one of the West African countries eligible for the scholarship program :
Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon
Cape Verde, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Gabon
Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Central African Republic Democratic Republic of Congo
Sao Tome and -Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Chad, and Togo.
Areas and concentration of scholarships
Each Queen Elizabeth II of Canada Scholarship candidate should be willing to research one of the following target areas:
- Climate resilience and sustainable food systems
- Education and innovation systems
- Ethics of research for development
- Health equity
- Inclusive governance
- Sustainable inclusive growth
Important requirements (Optional)
The BRE-CNS-AO program will prioritize the following criteria:
- Overall, 60% of researchers are expected to be women
- Priority will be given to projects targeting French-speaking African countries
- Priority will be given to projects which demonstrate that research
exchanges, in addition to advancing the careers of scholarship recipients, will enable Canadian and West African universities to strengthen their capacities (in terms of research, studies, partnerships, etc.)
How to submit your application
Project proposals must be submitted online in English or French via the BRE portal:
Applicants must create an online account and complete their profile before they can access the scholarship application form.
For a project submission to be complete, the following steps must be completed before the deadline:
- Complete the online application form
- Complete and submit the online budget form
- Attach the University Approval Form, duly signed by a senior administrator to the online application
- Attach the letter (s) of support from each of the non-university research internship partners (if applicable) and
- Submit the request.
What is the application deadline
The application deadline is October 26, 2020
Recommended: South Korean Scholarship
What are the benefits of the prestigious Queen Elisabeth II scholarship?
The Queen Elisabeth II scholarship for African researchers covers the following expenses;
- Travel costs (air transport costs by the most direct and economical routes, airport taxes, visas, health insurance, vaccinations, and ground transport
- Registration or tuition fees required by the university Canadian
- The subsistence allowance, which covers accommodation costs, local transport, meals and communications as well as other personal expenses
- Research costs (remuneration of research assistants, cost of resources necessary for research, computer equipment, and laboratory services.)
- Grants used to pay replacement professors in partner institutions in West Africa
Costs associated with attending conferences.
Please find all details on the prestigious Canada Comprehensive Scholarship for West African Researchers below.
For more information, please contact the committee responsible for managing the Queen Elisabeth II scholarship program directly: [email protected]
They will respond to you within a minimum of 24 hours or 48 hours maximum from the date of sending your email.
In case you are not eligible for the scholarship, please do not hesitate to pass the message on to an acquaintance who qualifies for admission.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our social media pages to be informed of scholarships offered by embassies and international organizations in Western states.