We bring to you Free Scholarship for African Students. Every year international embassies and governments offer free scholarships to international students.
These scholarships are for Bachelor / Bachelor programs; Master and Doctorate / Ph.D.
The majority of the countries offering the scholarships are from Asia, the Middle East, and Europe. Among these countries we have;
- South Korea
Reminder: We will be adding link to the scholarship for Africa student soon.
We also have scholarships that are offered by African countries. These scholarships are also for Bachelor, Master, and Doctorate programs.
These countries are generally those of the Maghreb.
Note: The scholarships offered by the Maghreb countries are not full but partial scholarships, ie they only cover part of your university studies (tuition fees).
Types of Scholarship
Two (2) types of scholarships are offered by embassies and international organizations. These are full scholarships and partial scholarships.
These are scholarships that cover all of your studies at your host university. That is to say, it covers tuition, accommodation, living expenses, and you are entitled to an allowance at the end of the month which serves as pocket money.
Some of these full scholarships support round-trip airfare.
These are scholarships that cover part of your studies, that is to say, tuition fees only.
All other costs are at your own expense.
The application conditions are generally the same.
- Hold a BAC for those applying for the License / Bachelor; have a Bachelor’s degree for candidates for the Master and hold a Master’s degree for candidates applying for the Doctorate.
- Have good moral and physical health
- Not hold the nationality of the country offering the scholarship
- Have a good level of English
- Not already benefit from another scholarship
NB: There are some scholarships like the Turkey scholarship which do not require a good knowledge of the English language since the courses are given in the Turkish language.
There is also the Ashinaga Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship which also does not require language skills as students apply to a university in the country of their choice ensuring that the language of instruction of that country is identical to the official language of its country of origin.
Attention: Scholarships like the Russian government scholarship have different requirements. For example, to apply for the License program of the Russian stock exchange, you must have a Bac + 2 level (License 2 / BTS); for the Master program, you must have a Bac + 4 level (Bachelor / Master) and for the Doctorate, you must be in the doctoral year.
Other countries like Russia have special requirements depending on the country and the organization offering the scholarship.
Documents to Provide
The documents to be provided are relatively identical
- Your diploma and application notes (Bac /License / Master / Doctorate)
- Copy of your national identity card
- Copy of your passport and the results of your medical examination (usually requested at the penultimate stop of the scholarship selection process).
- A study project for applicants to the Master and Doctorate program
- A letter of recommendation for Masters and Ph.D. candidates. The recommendation letter can be written either by an academic mentor or by the candidate’s employer depending on the requirements of the country or organization offering the scholarship.
- The results of the tests which prove your language skills and competencies (facultative)
Application Process for Free Scholarship for African Students
The application process for the different scholarship programs differs depending on the country. Some applications are made directly online without any intermediary such as the Turkey Stock Exchange.
Others are online and by physical deposit. Applicants need to complete the various online forms, print them and attach them with other documents (diplomas, transcripts, etc.).
Then these documents must be deposited either at the embassy which offers the scholarship or in a ministry of your country of origin that will forward them to the organization which offers a scholarship.
Application Period Scholarship for African Students
Applications open in January with the China Scholarship and end in October with the free Ashinaga Foundation scholarship.
Check Also: Algeria Scholarship
Schoalrszeal Advice on Free Scholarship for African Students
When identifying a scholarship that matches your study profile, please visit the embassy of the country offering the scholarship for further information on the application process.
Do not agree to pay any amount of money for a scholarship.
The scholarships we publish here are completely free.
If you have any concerns about scholarships, please leave us a comment just below.